Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Well, The Good News Is...

We did start on time. *bowing*  Thank you, thank you.

The bad news is, I didn't sleep at all the night before.  And woke Wolf up at midnight, rummaging through our closet.  Normally, the man sleeps like the dead.  Or, if he seems to be awake, even talking, has no memory of it what-so-ever the next am.

Yeah.  Not so much this time.  Man, did I get in trouble.  Whoopsie.  Apparently *counting* on him to sleep through wasn't considerate of me.  I didn't even get into the, "Well, normally you don't remember anything the next morning." train of thought...Just didn't seem very pc of me.  Normally I don't care about pc unless its my desktop, but marriage does need a certain handling to keep it from imploding...or your spouse's head, which I think amounts to pretty much the same thing.

So, we did our first day, Wolf came home, kids showed him their accomplishments proudly, and I staggered off to bed.

The rest of the week went pretty well.  Tazzie is using Singapore math, and that's going great, and we're doing Handwriting Without Tears with both the Littles, as well as assorted odds and sods.

I picked up Magnets and Mudpies (or is it Mudpies and Magnets?  Whatever).  I've heard great things, but thumbing through, it seems to need a lot of supplies I don't have readily at hand.  *sigh*  I'll dig deeper in it, bounce around and gradually get things as needed.

One thing I've discovered...When formally homeschooling, life is soooooooo much nicer around here!  No squabbling, fighting, blah, blah, blah.  They're all intent on their own things.  Loving it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment